Move your API-key to a new Bot
If you are here is because the bot that you were using has passed away (Im very sorry for that). But no problem, you can move your APIkey to the new bot and continue using the service. You will keep the same APIkey so there is no need to change anything from your side (on your apps/code/scripts/config).
If you have a subscription, it will remain active and attached to your number.
Just follow the usual steps to move your APIkey to the new Bot 👇
You need to get the apikey form the bot before using the API:
1. Add the phone number +34 644 43 38 04 into your Phone Contacts. (Name it it as you wish)
- Send this message "I allow callmebot to send me messages" to the new Contact created (using WhatsApp of course)
- Wait until you receive the message "API Activated for your phone number. Your APIKEY is 123123" from the bot.
Note: If you don't receive the ApiKey in 2 minutes, please try again after 24hs.
- The WhatsApp message from the bot will contain the apikey needed to send messages using the API.
You can send text messages using the API after receiving the confirmation.
5. Note, If you need any of the capabilities listed below, please check https://textmebot.com (low cost) or https://www.twilio.com/ (best official provider)
- Send messages to others
- Send messages to Groups
- Send messages from your whatsapp number
- Send Images
- Send Buttons
- Send documents
- Receive the answers
Remember that the new bot will give you the same APIkey that you had before so there is no need to change anything on your side. You will start receiving the messages on the new number that you have just added to your contacts. You can remove the old number.
Thank you for your support!