Yes! Now Domoticz can send WhatsApp Text Messages thanks to the CallMeBot Free API. You just need Domoticz to perform a GET request to send WhatsApp Messages. Find below the step-by-step instructions to implement it using the Domoticz HTTP Notifications system.
You need to get the apikey form the bot before using the API:
- Add the phone number +34 603 21 25 97 into your Phone Contacts. (Name it it as you wish)
- Send this message "I allow callmebot to send me messages" to the new Contact created (using WhatsApp of course)
- Wait until you receive the message "API Activated for your phone number. Your APIKEY is 123123" from the bot. As this is still in beta testing, the activation can take up to 2 minutes.
- The WhatsApp message from the bot will contain the apikey needed to send messages using the API.
You can send text messages using the API after receiving the confirmation.
How to send WhatsApp notifications
You need to call to the following URL:
URL to use:
[phone] is the destination phone number to send the message (For example: +34123123123)
[apikey] is the apikey that you received in the step 4 above
[text], is the message that you want to send. You can encode the URL (i.e. %20 istead of space, %0A for new lines) or use the symbol "+" for the spaces. WhatsApp formatting characters are allowed (i.e "*" for bold, etc.)
For example, to send the WhatsApp text message "Alarm from Domoticz to inform you that the alarm has been triggered" to the phone number +34 123 123 123, the URL will be:
To do that with Domoticz is pretty easy using the HTTP/Action Notification system
Setup CallMeBot as Domoticz Notifications
0) Get the apikey (see Setup section above)
1) Go to Setup -> Settings -> Notifications (Tab)
2) Complete the "Custom HTTP/Action" section as below:
Enabled: Turn it on (green switch) #FIELD1: Enter the apiket that you received during the setup
#TO: Enter your phone number with the country code but without the "+" symbol (Ex: 33123123123). Use the same number as the one used during the setup. URL/Action: https://api.callmebot.com/whatsapp.php?source=domz&apikey=#FIELD1&phone=#TO&text=#MESSAGE
Screenshot (click to zoom):
3) Click the Test button (light blue button on the right) to test the new Telegram Call Notification. You should receive a call in your phone after a couple of seconds.
How to use CallMeBot Notification service
If you have problems, like not receiving the Call on Telegram, or not receiving the WhatsApp messages, try to test the CallMeBot API using your Web Browser:
- Telegram Phone Calls using Web Browser: here
- Telegram Text Messages using Web Browsers: here
- WhatsApp Text Messages using Web Browser: here
You might get some errors on the screen that will help you to identify the problem. (Ex: Calls disabled in the Telegram Security Settings, WhatsApp not activated, etc.)
If you still have problems to use this API, don’t hesitate to contact me in Telegram @callmebot_com or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Rember to Follow me on Twitter to get news about coming features, changes, invitations, etc.