Note: The Free API is only for personal use.
CallMeBot can now send WhatsApp Text Messages! Super easy using one simple API call.
You need to get the apikey form the bot before using the API:
- Add the phone number +34 644 53 78 49 into your Phone Contacts. (Name it it as you wish)
- Send this message "I allow callmebot to send me messages" to the new Contact created (using WhatsApp of course)
- Wait until you receive the message "API Activated for your phone number. Your APIKEY is 123123" from the bot. As this is still in beta testing, the activation can take up to 2 minutes.
- The WhatsApp message from the bot will contain the apikey needed to send messages using the API.
You can send text messages using the API after receiving the confirmation.
How to send a WhatsApp text message
[phone_number]: Is your phone number asociated to your WhatsApp including the country code. (Ex: +34 123 123 123).
[text]: Message to send (urlencoded). You can use this online converter to encode the message. (i.e. %20 for space, %0A for new lines). WhatsApp formatting characters are allowed (i.e "*" for bold, etc.). Check here how to include emoticons in the message 👍.
[your_apikey]: The apikey that you received during the activation process (step 4-5 above)
If you have problems building the URL, you can try the Web Browser assistant to test the API.
As this API is in beta testing, the messages can be delayed up to 1 minute.
Custom Activation Message & Answer with a dedicated bot
If you need a dedicated bot with custom activation message like "Please, send me reminders" (instead of the standard one) with a nice customized answer from the bot like "Got it! We will send you reminders by WhatsApp", please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a custom solution designed for you. You will have one single apikey to interact with the bot (send and receive messages)
If you have problems, like not receiving the Call on Telegram, or not receiving the WhatsApp messages, try to test the CallMeBot API using your Web Browser:
- Telegram Phone Calls using Web Browser: here
- Telegram Text Messages using Web Browsers: here
- WhatsApp Text Messages using Web Browser: here
You might get some errors on the screen that will help you to identify the problem. (Ex: Calls disabled in the Telegram Security Settings, WhatsApp not activated, etc.)
If you still have problems to use this API, don’t hesitate to contact me in Telegram @callmebot_com or by email at email@example.com. Rember to Follow me on Twitter to get news about coming features, changes, invitations, etc.